from future import pass_function

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Jul 26 10:38:28 EDT 2012

On 7/26/2012 2:39 AM, Ulrich Eckhardt wrote:

> I have seen code that just created a list comprehension to iterate over
> something but was discarding the results.

If you mean, discard the resulting list, that is probably bad code as it
should not create the list in the first place. A generator expression or
for loop will iterate without creating an unneeded list.

 > That could be a case for a "do nothing" function.

Such code does do something within the comprehension.

> Just having a function that does nothing

Not possible. None is the default return. Python does not have
proceedures, and that is not going to change, especially for a null
proceedure.

--
Terry Jan Reedy