Python Gotcha's?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 05:41:27 EDT 2012

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 7:23 PM, Bryan
<bryanjugglercryptographer at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Yes, that was just silly of me to write that. All I want is a new
> general convention for the most-likely-to-work invocation that won't
> break with the change: "#!/usr/bin/env python" for Python 2 versus,
> for example, "#!/usr/bin/env python3". Of course that's not an issue
> of where python is installed, just a recommended naming convention.

That's what happens if you altinstall python3 already.

Separate point though. Forgive me if I'm being obtuse, but cannot you
with a shebang specify the path to the Python interpreter you want?

#!/usr/local/bin/python3.3

versus

#!/usr/local/bin/python2.7

Isn't that kinda the point of a shebang instead of a simple keyword?

ChrisA