Python Gotcha's?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 00:19:50 EDT 2012

On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 2:01 PM, John Nagle <nagle at animats.com> wrote:
> 4.  The syntax for expression-IF is just weird.

Agreed. Putting an expression first feels weird; in every high level
language I know of, the word "if" is followed by the condition, and
then by what to do if true, and then what to do if false - not true,
then condition, then false.

> 6.  Multiple inheritance is a mess.  Especially "super".

Can you name any language in which multiple inheritance is NOT a mess?

Okay, so I'm a bit cynical. But MI is its own problem, and I think the
Python 3 implementation is about as good as it's worth hoping for.

ChrisA