Suggested coding style

DevPlayer devplayer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 08:12:31 EDT 2011

On Sep 27, 10:25 pm, alex23 <wuwe... at gmail.com> wrote:
> rantingrick <rantingr... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Since, like the bible
> > the zen is self contradicting, any argument utilizing the zen can be
> > defeated utilizing the zen.
>
> And like the Bible, the Zen was created by humans as a joke. If you're
> taking it too seriously, that's your problem.
>
> > If however you want to learn about the accepted rules for formatting
> > code then you need to read "PEP-8"! PEP 8 is our style guide.

Contradiction is only seen by narrow perspectve.

Calling the Bible a joke is used to hurt people, not enlighten them.
Those words show bitter arrogance, not constructive critism as it
ignores how others feel about that book. What benefit to others is
gained by calling someones belief a joke? To put the "believers" minds
straight? I think not. I think the unsensitive person who attackes
others beliefs, even if illogical or unrealistic, is after some kind
of self grandizement or to illude themself into thinking "they know
the truth of the universe" and should attack others to prove they do.

Although this is not the place to defend about such things it is also
not the place to attack those same things (that being someone's
faith). There is no real forum to defend a faith or religion, or words
in a book about that, other then where such faiths are in fact
attacked.

However I did laugh at the ironic use of using any-kind of zen to
seriously, even Python's, as that is very unzen-like. That is a
contradiction by it's very own definitions!