[OT] Anyone here familiar with installing Open Watcom F77?

W. eWatson wolftracks at invalid.com
Mon Sep 5 12:15:20 EDT 2011

On 9/5/2011 8:24 AM, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 1:15 AM, W. eWatson<wolftracks at invalid.com>  wrote:
>> See Subject.
>> --
>>

> To what extent "familiar"? I have it installed on several computers,
> but only because it comes with Open Wat C/C++.
>
> With something off-topic like this, it might be better to have a real
> email address, so the responses can be off-list.
>
> ChrisA

sierra_mtnview @ sbcglobal.net
Here's the story.

As far as I can tell F77 1.8 is not available.  I've Googled quite a bit
for it.  My source for 1.9 is
<http://www.openwatcom.org/index.php/Download>. It gives me:
open-watcom-f77-win32-1.9.exe.

When I install, there are only choices: Custom, which presumably will
ask a lot of questions, and some one shot do-it without any
intervention.  I took the latter.

..., XP, and no Win7? I use Win7. Trouble??

Something is amiss with my install. I downloaded 1.9. I did not use any
customization.

  I can bring up the IDE easily. Using it is a different matter. The
only Getting Started in F77 manual I can find is shown as v1.8.  If 1.9
is needed, I can't find it. If I use the 1.8 manual, then the contents
don't match up with what I find in the F77 IDE.  For example, the manual
talks about a Kitchen project on page 15.  Not found anywhere in the
install folder.