Detecting Ctrl-Alt-Del in Windows

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 03:55:41 EDT 2011

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 5:06 PM, Stephen Hansen <me+list/python at ixokai.io> wrote:
> That's why you have to hit CAD to get to the login form in some versions
> of Windows. The whole point of that secure sequence is that the OS and
> only the OS responds.

Although I heard somewhere that that's more gimmick than guarantee,
and that it IS possible for an app to hook CAD - just that it's a lot
harder than building a simple window that looks like the login... but
it's pretty easy to fool a lot of people. Just look at the emails in
your spam box one day, find the ones spoofing a bank, and see what a
poor job they do. And yet they work.

ChrisA