Running a Python script on a web server

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.net
Wed Jun 8 02:31:49 EDT 2011

On Wed, 8 Jun 2011 11:22:53 +0530
Abhijeet Mahagaonkar <abhijeet.manohar at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>Python doesn't normally run in a web browser. There's two easy options:
>
> Is there an option of running it like php? I have never written in php, but
> my understanding is that the php script will be saved in some remote server
> and we will be able to run it using the url.
> pls correct me if i;m wrong.

Well, not wrong but perhaps not phrasing your original question
correctly.

> > On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 1:10 PM, Abhijeet Mahagaonkar
> > <abhijeet.manohar at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > So i have requested a server space so I need some inputs on how i will be
> > > able to "host" these scripts on a webserver and have them run on browsers
> > > rather than on individual systems.

That's the normal way to run Python on the web.  You store your Python
(or Perl or PHP or compiled C) programs on a web server that offers
Python <PLUG TYPE="blatant">http://www.Vex.Net/</PLUG> and when someone
clicks on the link the server runs them and presents the results.  This
is different than something like Java or Javascript that runs in the
browser.

If that still doesn't answer your question then perhaps you can try to
clarify exactly what it is you are trying to do.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves