WxPython versus Tkinter.

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 18:57:44 EST 2011

On Jan 25, 5:47 pm, Emile van Sebille <em... at fenx.com> wrote:

> Are third party installations nonsense?

Of course not.

> Or should python come with all
> libraries for all potential applications?

Again, of course not. No one has suggested such bombastic ideas in
this thread, you are the first.

> And then always keep up with
> best of breed?

Yes, Python should be as close to the "cutting edge" as possible. What
does that mean exactly? Well we don't wont to be so close that we cut
a finger (web interfaces). However at the same time we don't want to
find ourselves two decades behind in evolution (Tkinter). There must
be some middle ground. I believe some form of modified wxPython IS
that middle ground. Five to tens years from now, web/mobile interfaces
may be the middle ground.

How much longer are we going to wait? How much longer can we wait
without making a move? The Tkinter module is like a scared rabbit,
frozen with fear, and unable to move. So too are we.

Change with the times are get left behind!