[TIP] Anyone still using Python 2.5?

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Thu Dec 22 00:09:27 EST 2011

On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 21:15:31 -0500, Nathan Rice wrote:

> Just because the default python version on a server is 2.4 doesn't mean
> you can't install 2.7.2... If the admins that run the machine are too
> lazy/stupid to install a second copy of Python let them rot.

If any of my sys admins installed non-supported software on one of my
production servers without permission, they'd be looking for a new job.

Just because some guy with root privileges can install software doesn't
mean that he should.

Having vendor support and security patches is far more important than the
ability to write one-liner if statements.

--
Steven