Help with paths

Devin M devinmrn at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 17:24:39 EDT 2010

Hello, I am using os.path to get the absolute paths of a few
directories that some python files are in.
FIlePath = os.path.dirname(os.path.realpath(__file__))
which returns a path similar to /home/devinm/project/files
Now I want to get the directory above this one. (/home/devinm/
project/) Is there a simple way to do this? I was considering spliting
apart the path and then reconstructing it with the last folder left
off. Hope theres a better way to do this.

Regards,
Devin M