Looking For Tutorial Comparison Of sh - perl - python

Martin Gregorie martin at address-in-sig.invalid
Sun Nov 14 08:00:47 EST 2010

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 22:05:57 -0600, Tim Daneliuk wrote:

> I am putting together a comparison & intro to each of sh, perl, python
> with a view towards addressing:

Add awk / gawk to that list. IME its often the easiest and most concise
way to process a text file, e.g. a log file, while applying different
processing rules depending on line content and/or generating summaries.

> Before I attack this myself, has anyone done
> something along these lines I could piggyback upon?

I haven't seen such a comparison, but that doesn't meant that they don't
exist.

--
martin@   | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK