lame sphinx questions [Was: lame epydoc questions]

Jean-Michel Pichavant jeanmichel at sequans.com
Tue May 11 06:54:49 EDT 2010

Phlip wrote:
> On May 10, 1:51 pm, Phlip <phlip2... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On May 10, 1:39 pm, Chris Rebert <c... at rebertia.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Sphinx is in vogue right now:http://sphinx.pocoo.org/
>>>

> Okay, we have ten thousand classes to document. How to add them all to
> index.rst?

I remember trying using Sphinx for auto documented APIs, but it was not
suitable at that time. You can include API docs generated from the code,
but you still need to write the docs around.
If I'm correct,  Sphinx is one of the best tool to document public APIs.
However to build internal documentation with everything from interfaces
to implementations, epydoc is still the best, it builds everything with
no additional writing, just press the button.

JM