NoSQL Movement?

Bruno Desthuilliers bruno.42.desthuilliers at websiteburo.invalid
Tue Mar 9 10:02:04 EST 2010

mk a écrit :
> Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:
>>> Well, Zope is backed by an object database rather than a relational one.
>>
>> And it ended up being a *major* PITA on all Zope projects I've worked
>> on...
>
> Care to write a few sentences on nature of problems with zodb? I was
> flirting with the thought of using it on some project.

Would require more than a few sentences. But mostly, it's about the very
nature of the Zodb : it's a giant graph of Python objects.

So :
1/ your "data" are _very_ tightly dependant on the language and
applicative code
2/ you have to hand-write each and every graph traversal
3/ accessing a given object usually loads quite a few others in memory

I once thought the Zodb was cool.