Book review / advise

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Wed Jun 23 00:48:28 EDT 2010

alex23 <wuwei23 at gmail.com> writes:

> John Bokma <j... at castleamber.com> wrote:
>> Now let's hope that your asshat behaviour doesn't stop companies like
>> this to continue to print those books. I have considered to buy the
>> complete set a few times. And I hope you're not calling me naive...
>
> Given the current propensity for people to scrape web sites like
> Wikipedia and publish them on Amazon without the rights holders'
> consent,

Can you explain were exactly it states that you can't print a book out
of wikipedia articles?:
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Terms_of_Use

> my initial impression was exactly the same as Stephen's. I
> don't think there's anything contractually binding about the product
> description that would guarantee the PSF even see any returns at all.
> But hey, as long as the page _looks_ and _sounds_ official, it must
> be, right?

And if it looks like a scam, it must be, right?

> Let's hope that _your_ asshat behaviour isn't responsible for people
> being conned and ripped off.

Yeah, and let's hope that your asshat behaviour doesn't stop this
publisher from printing material that people like me actually want to buy.

--
John Bokma                                                               j3b

Hacking & Hiking in Mexico -  http://johnbokma.com/