Python Forum

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Fri Jun 4 17:00:55 EDT 2010

Lie Ryan <lie.1296 at gmail.com> writes:

> On 06/05/10 04:19, John Bokma wrote:
>> Steven D'Aprano <steve at REMOVE-THIS-cybersource.com.au> writes:
>>
>>> But the really sad thing is that you think that "bigger" automatically
>>> equals "better".
>>
>> I don't think that was the point.
>>
>> Anyway, not everbody can pick a provider, there are plenty of places
>> that have only one or maybe two. And if that's the choice and neither
>> carries Usenet you have to pay for Usenet like I do. Note that I
>> consider it well worth the 10 euros I pay for it.
>
> Isn't gmane available where you live? I've used gmane for newsgroups
> that my local server doesn't carry. The only problem is that there's a
> slight delay in opening new posts (0.5 seconds or so).

I am aware of Gmane [1] but in their own words: "Gmane is a mailing list
archive.", so it's not Usenet. It's a Usenet server which provides
access to mailing lists. (A very cool idea).

But I am with Individual.net and IMO very great service for just 10
euro.

[1] http://johnbokma.com/mexit/2005/01/14/gmane-mail-to-news.html

--
John Bokma                                                               j3b

Hacking & Hiking in Mexico -  http://johnbokma.com/