USB in python

Banibrata Dutta banibrata.dutta at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 03:33:22 EST 2009

high pitch is == high frequency, no higher amplitude... but the difference
can be easily made out and the electronics for this is very well understood
and used.point is, the gentleman asking the question might already have a
USB controller built into his device, and while most modern computers have
anywhere between 2-6 USB ports, you have only 1 audio-out (Mic), so chances
of finding a free "controller" port may be a bit of a challenge.

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 1:51 PM, Lie Ryan <lie.1296 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 18:56:38 +1100, Astan Chee wrote:
>
> > Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
> >>>

> >> If all you need is on-off - why can't you just use a switch?
> >>

> > Because I want to control the on-off the device using a computer and
> > write software for it (which I am confident I can do if I had references
> > to how the wrappers to said interface). Cheers
> > Astan.
> >

> How about (a crazy idea) using the audio jack out? (DISCLAIMER: Little
> Hardware Experience). High pitched sound (or anything in sound-ology that
> means high voltage) means the device is on and low pitched sound off. The
> device will need an additional transistor to separate low voltage from
> the high voltage. I don't know how much power can be pulled from jack
> out, but for a home brewn device it is still feasible to draw power from
> USB and signal from jack out.
>
> --

regards,
Banibrata