Code coverage to Python code

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Sun Jan 4 21:26:05 EST 2009

In article <mailman.6574.1231108877.3487.python-list at python.org>,
 Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hussein B wrote:
> > Hey,
> > What is the best code coverage tool available for Python?
>
> I like Titus Brown's figleaf.
>
> http://darcs.idyll.org/~t/projects/figleaf/doc/

I was playing with Ned Batchelder's coverage.py module today.  Once I
stopped screwing around trying to get the "easy install" stuff to work and
just copied the danged .py file to my site-packages directory, I was up and
running in a few minutes.

I suppose there's a lot of bells and whistles you could add, but it ran my
code and told me which lines had executed and which hadn't.  That pretty
much seems like what you want a code coverage tool to do.

http://nedbatchelder.com/code/modules/coverage.html