Anybody use web2py?

Baron richardbp at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 16:09:56 EST 2009

> If all
> web2py offers is default views, then it may be good for proof of concept
> projects, however I can't see in my right mind, proofing an application,
> and then turning around to write it in django because more than the
> defaults is needed.

You *can* customize web2py views ...

> Why does web2py have classes that represent HTML? I can't see ever
> needing to write VIEW code in my controller, since thats what views are
> for.

I use these in my views when a HTML tag has multiple dynamic
properties because it looks more neat.

I came to web2py a year back after writing applications in many other
frameworks (Turbogears / Symonfy / Rails / Django) and find myself
more productive with web2py.
So as others have said - try both. Write a small application in both
to see which suits you.

Richard