Is Python what I need?

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 13:19:27 EDT 2009

On 2009-08-24 08:32 AM, Peter Otten wrote:

>> Wow, that is rude. Let's keep this list friendly, won't we ?
>
> I may have been too blunt, and if my message has come across as an insult I
> apologize for that. Let me try again:
>
> If you are trying to teach children that are unwilling to use pen and paper
> putting them in front of a computer doesn't help you and them one bit. As a
> starting programmer you'll have to spend a lot of time in front of your
> computer that may be better spent with your students.

I suspect everyone is reading too much into the word "aversion". There may be
physical or mental handicaps involved, not the personal preference of the
students. In such a case, the OP's word choice is not ideal, but the readers
here should give a little more thought before assuming the most ludicrous
interpretation.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."