urlopen errors in script

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Tue Aug 18 08:19:52 EDT 2009

Sleepy Cabbage wrote:

> This is the script up to where the error seems to fall:
>
> "#!/usr/bin/env superkaramba"
> "# -*- coding: iso-8859-1 -*-"
>
> "import karamba"
> "import subprocess"
> "from subprocess import Popen, PIPE, STDOUT, call"
> "import urllib"
> "from urllib import urlopen"
>
> "#this is called when your widget is initialized"
> "def initWidget(widget):"
>   "clkPause = karamba.createClickArea(widget, 156, 470, 35, 35, "qdbus
> org.kde.amarok /Player Pause")"
>   "nowplaying = urllib.urlopen('http://www.hearteastmids.co.uk//jsfiles/
> NowPlayingDisplay.aspx?f=http%3A%2F%2Frope.ccap.fimc.net%2Ffeeds%
> 2Fnowplaying%2FGlobal%2FHeart_Network%2FHeart_East_Midlands%
> 2F6854.xml&l=6854&tzc=8&at=HeartEastMids').read()"
>
> Hope this can enlighten things

While there isn't any obvious blunder apart from the odd quotes that you
wrap around every line there seem to be other files missing to run the
script. I'm sorry, but I'm not prepared to invest much more than

$ sudo aptitude install superkaramba

into the problem.

Perhaps an actual user of superkaramba can step in.

Peter