Python Noob - gui module, book, annoying questions

Pherdnut erik.reppen at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 03:20:59 EDT 2009

I want to write cross-platform stuff. Any opinions on the best GUI
module for that?

I like a good juicy, but concise book for reading on my commute
downtown. I was thinking of checking Python in a Nutshell. Good? Bad?
Better?

Is 3.0+ more object based? I'm actually an FED and one of the things I
love about JS is the consistency of the language. I love Python 2.6 so
far so I'm not knocking it. But I'm not really taking advantage of the
non-core libraries as much right now anyway since I'm learning it.

What do you guys like in Reg Ex books/sites? I'd like to become more
fluent in some of the less commonly used stuff.