strange pythoncom.com_error - it only happens once

Rafe rafesacks at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 04:50:21 EST 2008

Hi,

I'm getting this error:
#   File "C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\win32com\client\dynamic.py",
line 491, in __getattr__
#     raise pythoncom.com_error, details
# COM Error: Unspecified failure - [line 52]

...when my program hits a line of code which I know should work. The
strange thing is, when I run it again in the same python session, it
DOES work (no error is thrown and the expected results occur). Then it
happens again on a later line which also works. If I run the program
again without restarting python, it works all the way through and
forever after.

Any ideas as to what might cause this? An error that is not an error
and only happens once?

I would show examples, but it is application-specific and wouldn't
help. I have been using this application for about 10 years, so i know
my usage is correct (especially since it works most times)

Cheers,

- Rafe