Help needed in choosing an algorithm for Cryptographic services.

Paul Rubin http
Fri May 30 14:17:09 EDT 2008

abhishek <guptaabhishek1983 at gmail.com> writes:
> Hi group, recently my employer asked me too implement encryption/
> decryption for secure data transfer over internet. Problem is that the
> client application is written using C# and the webserver where i need
> to store the information is developed using python.

Use one of the SSL wrappers.  Note that if you're using a recent
Debian distro, make sure to take the latest OpenSSL update since they
had an unbelievably bad screwup that destroyed their versions of
OpenSSL's security for a while.  That applies to all Debian based
distros including Ubuntu, but not to non-Debian derivatives such as
Fedora.