Combining several files

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri May 2 17:45:48 EDT 2008

En Fri, 02 May 2008 17:45:57 -0300, CRAIG DALTON <CXDALTON at sentara.com>
escribió:

> I'm looking to append several text files in one director and out put the
> combined files into another director. I'm new to Python and just can't
> get it to work. So far I've been able to create a file in the desired
> directory but it isn't pulling any of the data in the originating
> directory. Could please look at my code and tell me what I'm doing wrong.
>
> import os,shutil
> f=open("c:\\output\\testing1.txt","a+")
> for r,d,fi in os.walk("c:\\test"):
>     for files in fi:
>         if files.endswith(".txt"):
>             g=open(os.path.join(r+,files))
>             shutil.copyfileobj(g,f)
>             g.close()
> f.close()
>
> Any help would be great.

Except the spurious + in join(r+,files), and the usage of "files" denoting
a single file name, the code looks OK to me. Try adding a few print
statements, showing the files and directories it is processing.

(Note: Next time, if you want to post a NEW question, create a NEW thread
instead of replying to any random post...)

--
Gabriel Genellina