Books for learning how to write "big" programs

duli dulipishi at gmail.com
Thu May 22 11:55:32 EDT 2008

Hi:
I would like recommendations for books (in any language, not
necessarily C++, C, python) which have walkthroughs for developing
a big software project ? So starting from inception, problem
definition, design, coding and final delivery on a single theme
or application.

Most of the code I have written and books that I have read deal with
toy programs and I am looking for something a bit more
comprehensive.  For example, maybe a complete compiler written in C++
for some language, or a complete web server or implementing
.net libraries in some language (just a few examples of the scale of
things I am interested in learning).

Thanks!
Duli.