How do web templates separate content and logic?

Guillaume Bog guibog at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 01:35:45 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 11:27 AM, Tim Roberts <timr at probo.com> wrote:

> John Salerno <johnjsal at gmailNOSPAM.com> wrote:
> >

> If it seems out of place to you, then you shouldn't do it.  In general, you
> need to find a model that makes sense to you, and that allows you to write
> readable, workable, maintainable code.

Yes, and MVC is not the last word for it. I have seen enormous snake nests
of PHP code done in MVC, most of the problem coming from a strict
(mis)application of MVC model. On the opposite, I sometime write HTML code
straight inside the SQL's SELECT, which is pure heresy, and still get clean
code that works. For me MVC is like strict encapsulation, it is probably
useful when one guy touch the database, the other the HTML/CSS, and a third
glue things with a script, all of them knowing nearly nothing about the
rest. We don't work like this, so I don't know...