deleting objects by finding all references and deleting?

Jacob Davis j.foster.davis at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 00:09:45 EDT 2008

Hi,

I read in some earlier messages that an object in Python is only
removed or freed from memory when all references to that object have
been deleted.  Is this so?

If so, is there a way to get all of the references to an object, so
that they may all be deleted, thus actually deleting the object?

I have a very large python simulation, and I need to make sure that my
object are deleted when I need them to be.  I am experiencing some
speed/memory issues (I create an approx. 75,000 complex objects).

Thanks,

Jake