Instructions on how to build py2exe 0.6.8 (or an installer would be nice, too!)

chardish at gmail.com chardish at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 11:04:18 EDT 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to build an executable with py2exe, but unfortunately the
version I have is 0.6.6, which has a rather annoying bug that doesn't
let you rename the executable file if you bundle everything in a
single executable. It seems fairly unacceptable to tell our customers
that they can't rename a file we send them.

I hear this problem is fixed in 0.6.8, but unfortunately there's no
standalone installer for py2exe 0.6.8 - the most recent version that
has an installer is 0.6.6 way back from 2006 (!). Is there a
standalone installer for py2exe 0.6.8 anywhere? If not, how do I build
it from source? (There's no instructions in the readme - it just says
"How to install: download the standalone installer" and doesn't
include building instructions.)

Cheers,
Evan