translating Python to Assembler

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch bj_666 at gmx.net
Sun Jan 27 10:54:21 EST 2008

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 13:41:54 +0000, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 10:55:20 +0000, over wrote:
>
>> I can understand people thinking I'm full of beans.
>
> Oh no, not full of beans. Full of something, but not beans.
>
> Everything you have written about assembly, machine code, compilers,
> Linux, Python and so forth has been a confused mish-mash of half-truths,
> distortions, vaguely correct factoids and complete nonsense.
>
> I'm starting to wonder if it is possible for somebody to be
> simultaneously so self-assured and so ignorant, or if we're being trolled.

I recently learned that this is called the Dunning-Kruger effect:

  The Dunning-Kruger effect is the phenomenon wherein people who have
  little knowledge think that they know more than others who have much
  more knowledge.

  […]

  The phenomenon was demonstrated in a series of experiments performed by
  Justin Kruger and David Dunning, then both of Cornell University. Their
  results were published in the Journal of Personality and Social
  Psychology in December 1999.

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning-Kruger_effect

See, there's almost always a rational explanation.  ;-)

Ciao,
	Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch