[OT] "just like Java" (was :Re: translating Python to Assembler)

Bruno Desthuilliers bruno.42.desthuilliers at wtf.websiteburo.oops.com
Fri Jan 25 08:05:09 EST 2008

Christian Heimes a écrit :
> Wim Vander Schelden wrote:
>> Python modules and scripts are normally not even compiled, if they have
>> been,
>> its probably just the Python interpreter packaged with the scripts and
>> resources.
>
> No, that is not correct. Python code is compiled to Python byte code and
> execute inside a virtual machine just like Java or C#.

I'm surprised you've not been flamed to death by now - last time I
happened to write a pretty similar thing, I got a couple nut case
accusing me of being a liar trying to spread FUD about Java vs Python
respective VMs inner working, and even some usually sensible regulars
jumping in to label my saying as "misleading"...