Output to file gets lost - don't know where to look ...

Sun Dec 14 19:14:14 EST 2008

uair01 wrote:
>> I will try the python program outside of IDLE.
>
> Yes, running the program from the Linux shell instead of from IDLE
> produces all output correctly.
> Now I'll have to look for a new simple development environment :-(
> I think I'll try SPE that has worked well for me ...

Or you could try to distill the problem to a simple case and by so
doing, improve IDLE for everyone.  I'd start by seeing if changing
     >> .../idlelib/CallTipWindow.py", line 126, in hidetip
from:
     >> self.label.destroy()
to:
        if self.label is not None:
           self.label.destroy()

and seeing if that quick-fix lets you go farther.

--Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org