Python and audio frequency analysis

Pierre-Alain Dorange pdorange at pas-de-pub-merci.mac.com
Mon Dec 8 09:00:01 EST 2008

manatlan <manatlan at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to make a kind of "spectrum analyzer" ...
> Which should display "bars" according bands of frequencies ... in real
> time...
>
> Is anybody know an audio processing lib in python for that ?

For the display module you can use pygame, pyglet or pyOpenGL, there are
fast.

For the audio analysis i thought the module must be written in C or
something very fast, because python, due to it's nature, would probably
not compute spectrum as fast as real time : 44100 samples per seconds is
a lot of work...

--
Pierre-Alain Dorange        <http://microwar.sourceforge.net/>

Ce message est sous licence Creative Commons "by-nc-sa-2.0"
        <http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/fr/>