bbfreeze problem

Ralf Schmitt ralf at brainbot.com
Tue Aug 12 11:16:24 EDT 2008

Neal Becker wrote:
> Any ideas on this?
>
> bb-freeze test5-coded-pre.py

> x86_64.egg/bbfreeze/eggutil.py", line 132, in copyDistribution
>     raise RuntimeError("setup.py not found for development egg")
> RuntimeError: setup.py not found for development egg

Can you try the latest bbfreeze version from the mercurial repository
(either hg clone http://systemexit.de/repo/bbfreeze or download
http://systemexit.de/repo/bbfreeze/archive/tip.tar.bz2)

> I don't think I'm using matplotlib, don't understand what dragged it in (python -v on my script does _not_ show any matplotlib)

Try running 'XREF=1 bb-freeze test5-coded-pre.py'. This should open a
browser window with your dependencies...

Regards,
- Ralf