Pyserial not getting response every time, input/output errors

Carsten Haese carsten.haese at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 16:11:02 EDT 2008

Rainy wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm having some trouble with pyserial package, I'm sending commands
> and reading responses from a custom pcb, and sometimes I get a proper
> response, at other times I get nothing, and sometimes I get about half
> of the response string with beginning cut off. About half the time an
> empty string is returned, the other ~half time good response, and more
> rarely I get partial response.
>
> When I try to use the same Serial instance to send/receive a few
> times, I end up getting an input/output error.
>
> Here are some examples:

One possible point of failure is that you're not supplying any
parameters for the data format (byte size, parity, stop bits) and flow
control. The Serial object will assume defaults, and those defaults may
or may not be correct.

Try to find out what data format and flow control you should be using
and set explicit Serial parameters accordingly.

Hope this helps,

--
Carsten Haese
http://informixdb.sourceforge.net