Python sockets UDP broadcast multicast question??

inorlando inorlando at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 02:09:01 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I have a question about python and sockets , UDP datagram in
particular. I'm new to socket programming so please bare with me.

I am trying to write a simple application that broadcast files to
another computer on the same network/subnet but I do not want the
receiver computer to have to respond, I only want it to receive the
packet.

So this was simple enough, but my problem is this when I send a file
that is say larger then 100K the receiver is not able to keep up with
the packets as they arrive. I get say 60 or so then the rest are
ignored.

I have tried a couple of different approaches like threading and
queuing,  but all ultimately have the same problem.

So my question is how can I receive a continuous stream of UDP packets
to some kind of buffer for processing with out losing packets?

Thank you for any help or guidance that you provide.

- InOrlando