Problems returning data from embedded Python

Cromulent cromulent at justextrememetal.com
Mon Aug 11 11:58:00 EDT 2008

Okay I'm having a few issues with this and I can't seem to get it
sorted out (most likely due to my inexperience with Python).

Here is my Python code:

def fileInput():

	data = []

	s = raw_input("Please enter the filename to process (enter full path
if not in current directory): ")

	fd = open(s, "r")

	fd.readline()
	line = fd.readlines()

	for record in line:
		record = record.strip()
		items = record.split(',')

		for i in range(1, 5):
			items[i] = float(items[i])

		items[5] = int(items[5])
		data.append(items)

	fd.close()

	return items

It works perfectly and does exactly what I want it to do. The problem
comes when I try and convert the data I returned from the Python script
and turn it into something useable in C.

I have no idea. The C functions that seem most use deal with Tuples,
when this is a list and I can't see any specific functions for dealing
with lists in the C API. Can anyone give me some pointers in the right
direction at all please? I know the C program has received the data
correctly, I just need to put it in C types.

Thank you.

--
"I disapprove of what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right
to say it." - Voltaire