"Dreaming in Code"

Paul McGuire ptmcg at austin.rr.com
Wed Apr 23 01:12:44 EDT 2008

Haven't seen anyone mention this book, it is a "Soul of a New Machine"-
style record of the Chandler project.  Since Chandler uses Python and
Twisted, and employed a few Python celebs, I thought folks on this
list might have already read the hardcover version.  I just picked up
the paperback at B&N yesterday, finished it this evening.  It's a
decent read, describing a software project in laymen's terms (like
there are laymen out there who care about that sort of thing!).

The paperback version adds a chapter including events that transpired
after the hardcover publication date, current up to about October,
'07, so that's a nice touch.

I'm going to ask my wife to read it so she might learn what I do for a
living.

-- Paul