Multi Heritage with slots

Alexandre Badez alexandre.badez at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 08:22:36 EDT 2007

On Sep 5, 12:42 pm, "Eric Brunel" <see.signat... at no.spam> wrote:
> Seehttp://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2006-December/418768.html
>
> Basically, the general advice you're likely to get here is: don't use
> __slots__, or at least don't use __slots__ with inheritance.
>
> BTW, what are you trying to do? Is it really a memory footprint
> optimization, which is the intended use case for __slots__, or are you
> just doing Java in Python?
> --
> python -c "print ''.join([chr(154 - ord(c)) for c in
> 'U(17zX(%,5.zmz5(17l8(%,5.Z*(93-965$l7+-'])"

Thanks for your answer.
I use __slots__ not for memory optimization nor doing java.
I use __slots__ because my class are used by other lib, and in the
past, some of them misspell some attributes and involved a very
annoying comportment of the global application.
So the objective is only to prevent unwanted dynamism (but not in all
the application, just some class).

PS: I very like your signature ;)