Singleton

Wed Oct 10 21:54:56 EDT 2007

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 09:52:26 -0700, Carl Banks wrote:

> On Oct 10, 11:18 am, Steven D'Aprano <st... at REMOVE-THIS-
> cybersource.com.au> wrote:
>> Of course, if there is some other meaning to the OP's post, then
>> possibly I've completely misunderstood it. Would you mind telling me
>> what you've seen that the rest of us haven't?
>
> I read far enough to see that OP had mischaracterized the problem and
> that it wasn't a problem with singletons at all; it was a problem with
> importing. And that it would still manifiest itself with borgs.

Fair enough, thanks to Diez's example, I see that now.

The way I read the OP's post, he was only having problems *because* of
the requirement "I must have a singleton". Change the requirement to "I
don't need a singleton" and maybe the problem goes away, yes? And if not,
then at least it becomes obvious that the problem is nothing to do with
singletons.

--
Steven.