tkinter question

Eric Brunel see.signature at no.spam
Fri Oct 5 08:30:24 EDT 2007

On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 14:10:57 +0200, Kevin Walzer <kw at codebykevin.com>
wrote:
> "expand = 1" ==  "expand=TRUE"--that means the widget resizes itself
> when the window is re-sized.

That's the theory... But what does fill=BOTH means then? And why does
expand=1 (or TRUE, or True) is only needed in some cases and not others?
And I'm quite sure that sometimes, I use expand=1 and it does exactly what
I don't want, and removing it gives the behaviour I want. I've been doing
tk/Tkinter stuff for quite a few years now, and I still haven't understood
exactly when I should use this option... Quite counter-intuitive, IMHO.

But then, since I almost never use pack for this kind of layout, I guess
it's not really important...
'U(17zX(%,5.zmz5(17l8(%,5.Z*(93-965$l7+-'])"