Distributed RVS, Darcs, tech love

Timofei Shatrov grue at mail.ru
Sun Oct 21 03:34:43 EDT 2007

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 14:04:06 -0700, llothar <llothar at web.de> tried to confuse
everyone with this message:

>> I love math. I respect Math. I'm nothing but a menial servant to
>> Mathematics.
>
>Programming and use cases are not maths. Many mathematics are
>the worst programmers i've seen because they want to solve things and
>much more often you just need heuristics. Once they are into exact
>world they loose there capability to see the factor of relevance in
>algorithms.
>
>And they almost never match the mental model that the average
>user has about a problem.

I'm, not sure that I'm getting your point, but are you trying to argue that
_not_ knowing mathemathics makes you a better programmer? Or maybe that learning
math is useless to a programmer? This must be the most ignorant post I've seen
this week. The *best* programmers I've seen actually had mathematic education.
The programmers who don't know math are the ones who end up on DailyWTF.

--
|Don't believe this - you're not worthless              ,gr---------.ru
|It's us against millions and we can't take them all... |  ue     il   |
|But we can take them on!                               |     @ma      |
|                       (A Wilhelm Scream - The Rip)    |______________|