sqlite for mac?

7stud bbxx789_05ss at yahoo.com
Thu May 3 13:26:17 EDT 2007

Per the pysqlite installation instructions, this is the test I ran to
confirm that pysqlite installed correctly

>from pysqlite2 import test
>test.test()

and I got output similar to what the docs say should happen:

>ran 101 tests in 0.182s

My python book, "Beginning Python: From Novice to Professional"(2005),
after giving some brief installation instructions for SQLite and
pysqlite, says:

"Once you have pysqlite installed, you can import it as a module,
under the name sqlite."

and then the author provides this example:

>>>import sqlite
>>>conn = sqlite.connect('somedatabase.db')

>>>curs = conn.cursor()

This cursor can then be used to make SQL queries...

>>>conn.commit()
>>>conn.close()

So that is what I tried.  Then I changed "sqlite" to "sqlite2" and
"sqlite3" as well.