Setting Up SOAPpy for Python v2.5 on Windows?

Simon Brunning simon at brunningonline.net
Wed Mar 14 05:16:16 EDT 2007

On 13 Mar 2007 11:53:24 -0700, Steve <sreisscruz at gmail.com> wrote:
> What are the required version of the SOAPpy, PyXML, fpconst that are
> needed to run under the Python 2.5 environment on Windows?

SOAPpy doesn't install under Python 2.5 as-is. You'll need to add
source code encodings on all the source files in all the files before
setup.py will run. (See PEP 263.).

You can get fpconst 0.7.2 from the cheese shop, and PyXML from
Sourceforge. I believe the latest versions of these packages work
fine.

Do be aware, though, that SOAPpy is unmaintained, so you might want to
look at other SOAP handling packages like ZSI or elementsoap. Unless,
that is, you need functionality that only SOAPpy provides, in which
case you are stuck with it.

--
Cheers,
Simon B