HTML Form/Page and Navigation with multiple buttons

Bruno Desthuilliers bruno.42.desthuilliers at wtf.websiteburo.oops.com
Fri Jun 1 03:32:26 EDT 2007

Steve Holden a écrit :
> mosscliffe wrote:
(snip)
>> Why is a link better than a button ?
>>
> Beats me why you got that advice. Buttons are perfectly adequate for
> that purpose.

Call me a purist if you want, but I don't think forms and buttons are
"perfectly adequate" for normal navigation, which should be handled by
links. And FWIW, except for one of the worsts PHP portal in the world,
everybody uses links for navigation.

> However, you can if you want use links with "javascript: ..." href
> values to accomplish local scripting which can do funky stuff like
> setting form field values and submitting the form.

Yuck. Anyone doing such a thing should be fired immediatly.

Steve, I'm not sure you quite got what it's all about : the OP wants to
*paginate* search results. Not to submit data to the server. It's just
normal navigation, and there is absolutely *no* reason to use anything
else than plain old links here.

My 2 cents.