The Modernization of Emacs: terminology buffer and keybinding

Gian Uberto Lauri saint at spammer.impiccati.it
Tue Jun 26 06:17:20 EDT 2007

T> And the myth of the bicycle being easy to learn persists. Did you
T> know that kids learn better than adults do? Why do kids pick up at
T> least one language without any conscious effort, while adults
T> trying to learn one more often struggle in night school?

Mostly because  they block themselves  with strange fears and  due bad
teaching, the "fear"  of a test, the lack  of fun, the "constriction",
all block  adults learning new  language.

Pick an  over 30, overloaded  with (often) frustrating work,  and give
her  an university  level  course in  languages  with grammars  and/or
alphabets  completly  different  from  those  she uses  (yesss,  I  am
thinking of a woman, my wife...) like Arab (alphabet and some grammar)
and  Turkish (its grammar  sound lispish  to my  ears), and  she'll go
ahead without "fatigue" and with flying colours.

Children pick  up other language without any  conscious effort because
either they learn  it by using with parents,  relatives and friends or
they are involved in a game-like style of learning.

Why else hacker prize fun this much ? :) :)

T> I know people who find all kinds of vehicles easy to learn but
T> never mastered a bicycle (despite trying). People, plural, as in
T> more than one of them.

Again, fear, or maybe, some  malfunction in the balancing organs.  But
fear mainly. You do not see what keeps a bike upright and running, you
have to trust that you can.

You can walk on a 4 inch  wide stripe on a floor without problems, but
when it is a 4 inch wide bar some feet over the floor...

--
/___/\_|_|\_|__|___Gian Uberto Lauri_____

A Cesare avrei detto di scrivermi a fnvag at rat.vg