Just Getting Started with Python on MS XP Pro

Laszlo Nagy gandalf at designaproduct.biz
Fri Jan 5 12:01:38 EST 2007

W. Watson wrote:
> What do I download to use Python with MX XP Pro on an ASUS 4 year old
> motherboard? I would guess a good book source for starters would be the
> O'Reilly book.

You mean Microsoft XP Pro?

For a beginner, the motherboard does not really matter. First of all,
you should download Python itself:

http://www.python.org/download/

or more probably:

http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.5/python-2.5.msi

Then you should download a good editor. There are many, listed here:
http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonEditors
Under Windows, for a beginner, I would recommend pythonwin, but you can
decide.

Finally, you can start practicing. A book is always good. You can read
online tutorials too:

http://docs.python.org/tut/
http://www.awaretek.com/tutorials.html

Regards,