Announcement -- ZestyParser

Adam Atlas adam at atlas.st
Wed Jan 10 00:45:20 EST 2007

This has been on Cheese Shop for a few weeks now, being updated now and
then, but I never really announced it. I just now put up a real web
page for it, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to mention it here.

ZestyParser is my attempt at a flexible toolkit for creating concise,
precise, and Pythonic parsers. None of the existing packages really met
my needs; Pyparsing came the closest, but I find it still has some
shortcomings. ZestyParser is simply an abstract implementation of how I
think about parsing; I don't expect it'll meet everyone's parsing
needs, but I hope it'll make typical parsing tasks more joyful.

Here's the web page:
http://adamatlas.org/2006/12/ZestyParser/
Here's the Cheese Shop page:
http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/ZestyParser
(I recommend you get the source package, as it includes the examples.)

Check it out and let me know what you think!