Synchronous shutil.copyfile()

Sick Monkey sickcodemonkey at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 10:18:40 EST 2007

First off, I am just learning Python, so if there is a more efficient way to
do this, then I am all ears....   (NOTE:  The code below is something that I
was messing with to learn threads...  So some functionality is not
applicable for your needs..I just wanted to show you a demonstration)
One way that you could get around this, is to use threads.   You can lock
your thread and when the lock has been released, you could open it and
ensure your copy has succeeded.  Just a thought....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
import thread
def counter(myId, count):
 for i in range(count):
    stdoutmutex.acquire()
    #Copy Your File Here
    stdoutmutex.release()
 exitmutexes[myId].acquire()

stdoutmutex = thread.allocate_lock()
exitmutexes = []
for i in range(2):
   exitmutexes.append(thread.allocate_lock())
   thread.start_new(counter, (i, 2))

for mutex in exitmutexes:
   while not mutex.locked():
       #Open Your File Here