Best way to protect my new commercial software.

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Tue Dec 18 12:04:29 EST 2007

On 2007-12-18, Jan Claeys <usenet at janc.be> wrote:
> Op Fri, 14 Dec 2007 16:54:35 +0000, schreef Grant Edwards:
>
>> Uh what?  I don't know what country you're in, but in the US, it doesn't
>> take any time at all to copyright something.  The mere act of writing
>> something copyrights it.  I thought it was the same in Europe as well.
>
> No, it's only copyrighted when you _publish_ it.

Interesting.  So, in Europe, if somebody steals something you
wrote before you get it published, they're free to do with it
as they please?

I'm glad it doesn't work that way here in the US.  Over here,
something is copyrighted as soon as it's written (actually I
think the phrase is "fixed in a medium" or something like
that).

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I have accepted
                                  at               Provolone into my life!