"Python" is not a good name, should rename to "Athon"

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Mon Dec 3 17:44:10 EST 2007

Russ P. schrieb:
> On Dec 3, 1:58 pm, "Dan Upton" <up... at virginia.edu> wrote:
>
>> ...and thus, maybe the joke is on you?  Just to play devil's advocate...
>
> Yes, the joke *is* on me -- every time I have to explain to someone
> why I am using this funny-sounding language. That's the point.

Yeah, but today you drank Java, your favourite Coffe blend, while
telling your best buddy you plan to get Groovy tonight with Ada, buying
her a Ruby collier & explaining her some Basic concepts of computer
science - because that always makes her express her astonishment about
your mad coding skillz with that cute little Lisp she has.

Just don't forget to not use a Clipper in front of her again. She only
forgave you for that because you tooke her to the Eiffel Tower, meeting
Pascal there. He just got his degree from Haskell university - which is
a major break-through, because all of his professors working on a Scheme
to expel him from there. But he showed it to these little Brainfucks.

Sorry, but if people are joking on you - there must be other reasons for
that than a name of a programming language. And I'm beginning to think I
know it....

Diez